Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Dance

This morning as I drove to Rob's parent's house, I was listening to "Savior King" by Hillsong United. Just as the music was beginning to reach its peak of excitement and power, I was passing the corner of Magnolia and Adams. I looked up at the group of palm trees to the left. About half of them are tall and skinny, and the rest are shorter and full. It looked to me as if they were dancing to the music in large and fast movements. It was quite a moment. I felt like I caught them when they didn't think anyone else was looking. I watched anyway, even if it was meant to be private.

It made me think of all the verses that speak of the creation waiting, groaning, and being held back in its praise until the sons of God are revealed and we can all worship together. The creation is supposed to be patient in expectation, but I caught it this morning. I caught those trees letting loose when they weren't supposed to. Oh well, I won't tell. I liked the show.

1 Comments:

Blogger brooke said...

That's so cool. That'll be a day, won't it? :)

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home