Monday, July 24, 2006

Two gems for today


I've written about her before, probably every Monday because she kills me every week. She's my favorite student right now probably because she's so drama that I can't possibly get frustrated. It's just funny and really cute.

She's learning a song from the movie The Little Mermaid called "Part of Your World." There's a line in it that says "Wouldn't you think I'm the girl, the girl who has everything."

Sometimes my students get the words mixed up on their songs, and they're so sure they have the right ones that it never gets fixed. This student always misses one word in this phrase. She sings, "Wouldn't you think I'm the girl, the girl who gots everything." No big deal, but I decided to try to get her to say "has" instead of "gots."

Over and over she keeps missing "has" and replaces it with "gots." We keep trying. Finally, she laughs and says, "It just sounds so much better to say 'gots,' but I guess since this song was back in the day, it should be 'has.' "

Later, I'm walking her back to her class and she asks me how long I've been playing piano. I tell her but she interrupts me with "Did you know that Beethoven started taking piano lessons when he was two....That's messed up."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night Isaac created a blog for me amy.kisskillme.com, check it out.

Amy

11:44 AM  
Blogger Brittany Richey said...

that's awesome. I love your stories about your drama students.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home